Dreams for Change
is a San Diego nonprofit providing homeless families and individuals living in their cars the Safe Parking Program which gives them the safe environment needed to rest, access resources and work towards stabilization. Achieving Financial Independence, our financial literacy program provides the education needed to move forward with long term self-sufficiency by teaching the fundamentals of budgeting, credit use and repair while building savings and assets. Not stopping there
, we are moving forward with finding ways to improve our process, using thoughtful discussion and collaboration to bring forth new programs, and utilizing new and innovative ways of thinking to bring about the changes needed to make our community a better place for everyone.
Read more about us
Accomplished Goal: Dreams for Change continues to move forward in accomplishing our goals.
- 1. To utilize innovative techniques and methods to meet the basic needs of communities, families and individuals.
• Launched The Safe Parking Program on April 5, 2010
- 2. To reduce number of Individuals living illegally in their car on the street.
- • 163 vehicles parked on our Safe Parking Lot in 2010
- 3. To transition participants to permanent housing or long-term shelters.
- • 76% obtained housing or long-term transitional shelter
- 4. To bridge services in Education, Employment, Emergency Supports and Asset-Building
- • 22% obtained employment and 7% started school or training
- • 44 completed financial education